Honestly I’m one of the biggest fans of Target, especially all of the natural beauty they’re coming out with. Target has the amazing ability to stay ahead of most trends and blow us away with their every new launch. So when I heard Target was starting to beef up their natural beauty aisle I was incredibly happy. But I’m sure you can imagine my disappointment when I found the new brands littered with blatant greenwashing. Actually, you don’t have to imagine it. I’ll tell you. I was crazy pissed. Natural beauty needs more attention and Target was giving it that attention. Only to backtrack on all progress by giving us a bunch of greenwashed brands. While I will always love Target, that doesn’t mean I don’t expect them to do better.
However, regardless of all that, Target has given us some amazing green beauty brands. Once you push your way past the greenwashed lies, you’ll find some amazing options for the most perfect skin care routine. As always I’m here to do the research and help point out those diamonds in the rough so you can make the best natural choices for you and your lifestyle.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will make a commission if you click through and make a purchase. These links keep this blog up and running, so thanks! Please read our full disclaimer for more information.
My Top 5 Brands of Natural Beauty at Target
I’ve taken a hard look at a lot of labels on my visits to Target. Often, I was disappointed with what I saw. But a few brands impressed me with their ingredient lists and awesome products. These are the top 5 brands that I recommend, even with my super strict guidelines when it comes to natural products.
This brand is one of my favorites. The best part is their dedication to creating quality products using limited ingredients which are organic when possible. There’s no concern what so ever about greenwashing with this brand. Any of the key ingredients on the front are clear as day on the ingredient list. They even get extra points from me because their ingredients lists are so limited. It’s easy to choose these products when they have at most 5 really awesome natural ingredients.
The Best of S.W. Basics
- Hibiscus Mask – This mask is a genius product in my opinion. By keeping the dry ingredients of the mask separate from the wet, this allows you to customize it for your skin. Blend a small amount with water (if you’re oily), a light oil (if dry), honey (for acne), or plain yogurt (for dull skin). This keeps it relevant no matter what’s going on with your skin. Plus with the addition of hibiscus with it’s natural AHAs and French grey clay for drawing out impurities, you can’t go wrong!
- Makeup Remover – This makeup remover uses the perfect combination of three oils to help it cut through the most stubborn of makeup. I love the combination of sweet almond, olive and jojoba oil as an effective makeup remover complete with all of the awesome benefits of each plant-based oil. Plus it’s easy to know your product is natural when there’s only three ingredients!
- Shop all S.W. Basics at Target
This brand has an awesome selection of products with an emphasis on safe and uncompromising beauty. They focus on fair trade ingredients and boast an impressive list of chemicals they keep out of every product they make. A quick glance at the EWG ratings for their products shows they score incredibly low which is an amazing sign with a brand that has such an extensive collection of products. From hair care to skin care to products for your baby, SheaMoisture has it all.
The Best of SheaMoisture
- African Black Soap Clarifying Mud Mask – I love this african black soap collection, especially for acne prone skin. This mask has saved me so many times when I’m overwhelmed by my breakouts. It’s wonderful to use as a spot treatment or multi-masking depending on what you need. I’d recommend all of the products in this line if you struggle with acne, especially this Acne Care Kit.
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque – This hair mask is perfect for dry damaged hair that needs some TLC. With the organic manuka honey and mafura oil, your scalp will be left conditioned and nourished. This brand is well known for their amazing ingredients and this product is the perfect example of a product powered by expertly curated ingredients.
- Shop all SheaMoisture at Target
I love seeing this brand at Target. I use their witch hazel every day and credit it for keeping my acne manageable and evening out the tone of my skin. While they’re most known for their witch hazel varieties, they also have some other natural products like body bars and lip balm. One important thing to look out for with a toner like witch hazel is the absence of a harsh ingredient like alcohol. Luckily Thayers has products that do exactly that. However they also have variations of their witch hazel that do have alcohol so be sure to read the label and double check!
The Best of Thayers
- Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Unscented Toner – This toner is the perfect staple for any skincare routine. I currently use this toner every day and love how it works with my acne-prone yet sensitive skin. Without any scent, this toner leaves you open to add essential oils that fit your skin type and conditions. Not to mention this toner is the perfect pH for your skin to help keep it balanced.
- Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Rose Petal Toner – The addition of rosewater in this toner helps give it balancing properties that blends beautifully with the effective yet harsh effect of the witch hazel. This makes it the perfect choice for sensitive skin. The rose protects and refreshes your skin while the witch hazel tones your pores and calms any acne spots. This product is definitely at the top of my wishlist.
- Shop all Thayers at Target
This collection of hair and skincare products are created using the highest quality natural and certified organic ingredients. I love their products because the ingredient list is an amazing collection of plants anyone could recognize. Not to mention they’re incredibly affordable. It won’t break the bank to grab a face mask or other skincare product to see how you like them. I love every time I go to Target and see more and more from this brand on the shelves.
The Best of Acure Organics
- Brilliantly Brightening Facial Scrub – This facial scrub is brilliantly affordable and an Allure Best of Beauty award winner! Sea Kelp and dehydrated lemon peel gently exfoliate while Madonna leaf brightens and French green clay draws out impurities. My face loves this scrub which is a tall order for my sensitive skin.
- Lemongrass & Argan Curiously Clarifying Shampoo – While typical clarifying shampoos can be too harsh for every day use, this shampoo certainly isn’t. It gently clarifies and removes product build up while replenishing moisture with organic argan oil. I use this shampoo for my own hair and it does a good job of removing build up without overly stripping my scalp of moisture.
- Shop all Acure Organics at Target
This is my absolute favorite natural makeup brand at Target. They have amazing products that any woman will love to use without any gross ingredients. Anyone could easily switch out all of their makeup products for something natural with this brand. It’s also EWG verified which means the products meet the strict EWG standards. This is a pretty big deal and means this brand is one you can absolutely trust.
The Best of W3LL PEOPLE
- Bio Tint Moisturizing Foundation – This foundation comes highly recommended by the public. It has a good amount of coverage and has that coveted SPF you want in your daily make up. Plus it does it all while being organic and not having any crappy ingredients! Win win if you ask me.
- Expressionist Pro Mascara – This mascara is amazing because it’s important to pay attention to the products you use next to something as sensitive as our eyes. That’s no place to mess around. Plus it comes in fun colors like blue and purple on top of the usual black and brown! There’s no need to compromise on style when you’re choosing natural make up.
- Shop all W3LL PEOPLE at Target
Natural Beauty Brands Worth Mentioning
I wanted to mention these brands because the selection of natural beauty at Target isn’t huge. But with so many brands tricking shoppers with greenwashing, I wanted to bring attention to the brands that are being truthful. If there’s a brand available at Target that isn’t mentioned in this post, then be wary. They’re probably tricking you with natural buzzwords and not backing it up in their ingredient list.
This line of skincare has some amazing plant-based ingredients. Their branding and formulations both promote a calming, natural feel that could find a place in any routine. I especially love their emphasis on organic ingredients like rosewater, argan oil, and avocado. Shop Nourish Organic at Target
Tom’s of Maine
This brand is a collection of awesome personal care products, and they’ve been doing it naturally for over 45 years. They’re the perfect solution for important products we use every day like deodorant and toothpaste. When you use these products over and over, making sure they’re natural is a big part of decreasing your toxic load. Shop Tom’s of Maine at Target
The Seaweed Bath Co
This brand uses elements of the sea to power their products. I love the sustainably-harvested bladderwrack seaweed they love to use. With 65+ vitamins and minerals, this seaweed is perfect in skincare products. While there are a few concerning ingredients on the list, these products are mostly clean. Shop The Seaweed Bath Co at Target
I love using Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap for all of my green cleaning needs. If you’re even remotely interested in making your own cleaning solutions, this is a great product to have in your cabinet. There’s even bar soap if that fits your DIY project better. Honestly everyone should have this natural soap in their house, in my opinion. Shop Dr. Bronner’s at Target
While I love the packaging, there are a number of issues with the ingredients in these products. However they have a large line of products and put an emphasis on natural ingredients so they deserve a mention in this post. They’re a wonderful option, especially at their price point. If you’re incredibly strict about the ingredients in the products you use, these may not be the best option for you. But if you’re looking to branch into more natural options, Pacifica Beauty is a great way to replace products in your routine. Shop Pacifica Beauty at Target
I love Target and all of the awesome natural products they’re bringing into my life. If they could just get a handle on their bad greenwashing habit, it would be perfect. Regardless, Target is doing an amazing job at bringing natural products to the people and I hope they never stop.
Let me guess, you’re a skin care lover like me?
You’re in good company around here! Why not stay a while and read about some more? Here are some of my personal favorites: